You would think I’ve taken the month of June off but I haven’t! I’ve actually been super busy with the launch of Exempt Conscious. And what most of you don’t know is that the blogs that I write are normally done the week of (a lot of times the day of) because I want them to be relevant to whatever is going on with my business, clients, and even you. But the logic behind that is bittersweet because I just haven’t had the time to dedicate to “fresh” content for you guys the last couple of weeks.
What I’ve learned from this launch?!
Launches in and of themselves are a lot. But a launch for an exclusive community is way more than what I was expecting. While I knew marketing would be a part of it, I had that covered because this was the prelaunch to 100 waitlisters. They signed up to be one of the first in the community and to have a say in how the community is designed.
But what I did not factor in was the time that I needed to set aside to engage the community and make sure it was running properly once it was opened. Not to mention my normal workload for Y9 clients AND that I’m taking online summer courses. If no one has told you, let me be the first to say, online classes are the worst!! So much busy work…. but I digress.
While the launch was WORK, it’s been great!
Of the 100 people who joined our prelaunch waitlist, over 30 of them have joined the community as of today. That’s a 30% conversion rate. For those of you who don’t know, launches normally only have a 1 to 3% conversion rate. So, now that you have that information, let me repeat… Of the 100 people who joined our prelaunch waitlist, over 30 of them have joined the community as of today. That’s a 30% conversion rate!!!!!!!
Not only did they join, but they came in ready to engage. Their introductions and responses to each other have been phenomenal. They are excited and ready to put in the work to become the best nonprofit leaders that they can be! It truly makes my heart smile.
So, what’s next?!
While we’ve got a lot going on in the community over the next couple of weeks, I’m going to make sure that I’m back in your inbox every Sunday without excuse. And once my schedule opens up just a bit more, I have a course that I’m looking to get out to you all before the summer ends. I’m almost positive you’ll love it!
Until then, check out what’s going on in Exempt Conscious below and I’ll see you again next week!
Exempt Conscious (Tentative) Community Dates:
- June 14th was the last day to join the community under the FREE subscription
- June 19th we introduced Community Topic #1: The Elephant in the Room: Fundraising
- June 26th we hope to start a 5-Day Challenge: Are You Grant Ready?
- July 3rd we hope to start the Ambassador program for members to earn perks [some perks include donations of $500 or more to member organizations]
- July 10th we’ll be hosting 2 live chats to follow-up with members on the 5-Day Challenge
- July 17th we hope to give members access to the 1st module; members in the Beta Tester group within the community can respond to the poll to have a say in which module they’ll have access to first