Bonus Blog before the New Year!
I was telling someone yesterday that I haven’t been able to join the conversations of how horrible 2016 has been because my personal 2016 wasn’t so bad but then I realized it may have been because my perspective has changed. While I have to say that God has really blessed and shown Himself in my life this year, there have also been some teaching moments. However, 2012/2013 were really tough years for me; but I think I passed some major tests during those years that made me have a new perspective. I grew in faith in those years and I see things differently.
The things that would have shaken me and caused me to be in a panic, worried, anxious, etc. no longer affect me the same because I have a different perspective. I can not only quote Jeremiah 29:11, Romans 8:28, and Psalm 37:4, but I know them to be TRUE in my life.
- Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not evil, to give you a future and a hope.
- Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love god, to those who are called according to His purpose.
- Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.
SO I SAID ALL OF THAT TO SAY… CHANGE YOUR PERSPECTIVE!!
Look at all that God has brought you through. If He could and would do it before what makes you think, He will leave you hanging now? Leave negative mindsets and negative speech in 2016. Remove negative people from your life if you have to and determine in your mind to be the light in dark places!
PARTNER WITH GOD IN 2017
So many times we find ourselves waiting on Him when He’s actually waiting on us. How do you partner with Him? Actively come into agreement with Him regarding His will for your life through word and action. Commit to daily affirmations that speak directly to your situation using His word (Scripture). But don’t stop there…. Then, commit to acting on those promises. No, you may not know every detail but take what you do know and take your first step in faith. Practical Examples:
- You feel that God promised you financial wealth. If that is the case, it’s because He sees you to be trustworthy and a giver. He knows that He can trust you to be a good steward. If you’re still waiting on that wealth, take a look at how well of a steward you’ve been with what He’s currently given you. Do you budget and stick to it? Or are you living above your means? Do you put sowing into the Kingdom before material things? An easy first step would be to start a budget today and get accountability.
- You know God has placed a business in your heart but you’re waiting on instructions and when to move on the idea. Start building the foundation today. Decide on a name, begin putting together a business plan.
There are a lot of times God gives me ideas that I know aren’t for that moment and even today I’m waiting on other promises to manifest. But in waiting I’m not idle. I pray for direction, and I start doing the things that I can do now. A lot of times when you begin preparing for His promise and setting the foundation, He will begin to open up doors. Why? Because you made the first step in faith.
If you change your perspective and partner with God in the New Year, you’re guaranteed to have a better year!
To starting the New Year on PURPOSE!
PS – If you’re ready to take the necessary steps towards achieving your goals next year, be on the lookout for tomorrow’s newsletter, as I’ll be launching 2 new offerings for 2017 as well as giving you a head start on next year’s PURPOSE Party!